PRODUCT BRIEF DO-254 IP : CAN-ARINC 825
CAN is a message-based protocol, designed specifically for automotive applications and as of now, for any avionics
equipment in safety critical applications. The CAN Interface module is a dedicated interface which enables data communication for ARINC825 application layer. It allows a system with an embedded CAN bus to transmit information quickly and surely.
The hardware item only covers digital layers of the CAN Protocol bus architecture.
The D002_ARINC825 matches major needs of any critical application and mainly those requiring a DO-254 DAL-A compliance in the aerospace area.
IP-CAN Key features are as follows:
• IP developed according to DO-254/ED-80 guidance. Compliant DAL A.
• Compliant with ARINC825-1 Specification. May 10, 2010.
• Compliant with CAN 2.0 Specification (v 2.0) published by Bosh (part A and part B).
• Able to recover from SEU (self healing feature) and to report any detected errors thanks to its embedded reliability features.
• Support Transceiver ISO1050 from Texas Instrument and Philips TJA1040 with Standby mode.
- Bit rates up to 1 Mbits/s are possible at network length below 40 m
- Supports 1Mbps, 500kbits, 250kbits, 125kbits and low speed at 83.33kbits with configurable baud rate generator
- CAN 2.0 part A and B: base frame format (11 identifier bits) and extended frame format (29 identifier bits)
- CAN High speed: up to 30 nodes.
- Support TXD/RXD interface for external transceiver (TI ISO1050-SLL983C)
- Support 8/16/32-bits APB interface with separate clock domain
- 64 byte receive Message FIFO
- Message filtering
- Normal and listen Only Mode
- Mitigation techniques with self-healing mechanism
- Single shot transmission
- Local and Global self test
- Technology independent (Altera/Xilinx/Actel/ASIC)•Tri-Mode 10/100/1000 Fully integrated Ethernet MAC in Full-duplex.
- Technology independent, VHDL or Verilog RTL source code compliant with SILKAN’s design standard.
- SystemVerilog verification test-benches with 100% code coverage and functional requirement coverage.
- Reference Design as integration example (i.e Dry Run).
- SILKAN’s support includes technical integration, DO-254 integration and certification phases.
- IP Datasheet and Customer Requirement Specification (CRS) document.
- Encrypted version available immediately.
- Final delivery received five months after committed HRD.
It includes all required data for RTCA/DO-254/ED-80 certification, including configuration management records, change management records and assurance process records:
- Hardware Planning Process: Hardware Development Plan (HDP), Hardware Validation and Verification Plan (HVVP), Hardware Configuration Management Plan (HCMP), Hardware Process Assurance Plan (HPAP) and Plan For Hardware Aspects of Certification (PHAC).
- Standards: Hardware Requirement Standard (HRS), Hardware Design Standard (HDS).
- Hardware Development Process: Hardware Requirement Document (HRD), Hardware Conceptual Document (HCD), Hardware Detailed Document (HDD), Hardware Traceability Matrixes (HTM), Hardware
- Accomplishment Summary (HAS) and Hardware Software Interface Document (HSID).Hardware Verification and Validation Process: Hardware Verification Cases Procedures (HVCP) and Hardware Verification Results (HVR) and validation activities reports.
- Project Review: Initial Design Review (IDR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR) and Final Design Review (FDR).
- Hardware Configuration Management Process: Hardware Configuration Index (HCI), Hrdware Environment Configuration Index (HECI).
- SILKAN Product Reference:D002-ARINC825
- Product Version: 2.3
- More DO-254 IP products available here.
- For further product’s information and other SILKAN services
- please contact us